3.04.2010

The Polka

My great-grandma (Bub) and and that side of the family was always into dancing the Polka. Growing up, we watched the "Polka Hour" at my grandma's house on Friday nights on PBS. When I was in college I had to take a "teaching dance" class as part of my requirements for physical education. My great aunt Mary Lou and I decided it was the perfect time for the two of us to go to one of the dances on "Polka Hour" and get ourselves on TV! So we called PBS and their response was, "That show has been canceled for over 10 years...its just re-runs". Oh well, so my Polka never made it on PBS but it made it to this blog! This is from my great-grandma's 80th birthday party in May 1984 (that makes me 8-years-old). Check me out with my shirt, tie, and sweat pants hahaha...


3 comments:

Unknown said...

the sweatpants are awesome! :) haha

Janet said...

That was cute!
yeah, love the sweatpants! haha

So have you and JEN practiced lately?

kristine.shook said...

OK, we need a modern version of you & Jen doing the polka to see how you have improved :-)