9.26.2010

A Tribute To My Leaves

A good portion of my day today was dedicated to getting rid of the leaves in our yard...






Of course it is time consuming, so I had the opportunity to create "A Tribute To My Leaves" while I worked. Hope you enjoy...

A Tribute To My Leaves

Why oh why do you have to fall in my yard just like rain? Surely it's got to be enough to drive me insane! Every time I clean one up - 4 more seem to drop. Will this cycle go on forever? - PLEASE make it stop!!!

Why oh why does the wind always blow from the east to the west? So I get you from my neighbor's too and never get a rest! They taught their dog to fetch a stick or a rubber ball...but why didn't they teach her to fetch you instead when it turns to fall!?!

Why oh why did we buy a house with so many trees? Now I know why the dog chooses them, when it goes and pees! All this frustration you cause - it just isn't fair! So I am praying you turn into dollar bills so we'll be billionaires!

7 comments:

Julie said...

you're funny! I love to do leaves:) and i know i speak for everyone (except maybe keith) when i say, "wish we were there!"

Janet said...

Oh, Mike. That's funny. Guess what, you can do it all again tomorrow too!!!

Jerry said...

One thing about cleaning/raking leaves. It looks good this evening and then tomorrow it looks like you did nothing the day before! he he he

Jerry said...

One thing about cleaning/raking leaves. It looks good this evening and then tomorrow it looks like you did nothing the day before! he he he

Unknown said...

Such encouragement Dad! haha But so true! I love to look at the leaves and breathe in the wonderful Fall air! However, I'm not volunteering....but it's a good workout!!!! It looks good though! Great job!

Anonymous said...

Cute,Mike!

Anonymous said...

Cute,Mike