10.20.2008

Magical Monday --- Among the Stars (Part 1)



When I was a teenager, I met a magician named Andre Kole (pictured above). He traveled the world performing magic shows and proclaiming the Gospel. One of his quotes to me has always been a guiding force during my career in magic. It went like this:

Take your dreams and shoot for the moon...for even if you miss, you'll still be among the stars.

Only a few years after meeting with Andre, I would be following my dream and performing all over the nation. I will always thank God for the opportunity to have those years of meeting my childhood dream - but my dream now is far better and far more important...serving God in any way He wants. Who knows where that dream will take me?!?

But back to the quote...Andre was certainly right --- shooting for the moon would take me among many stars (I am also very thankful that he included the word for in his quote...some of you will get that!). In addition to meeting pretty much every well-known magician over the years, I have also had the privilege to perform on stage with other well-known entertainers, comedians, etc. As I made this post today, it turned out to be way longer than expected, so I am splitting it into two (I guess I got carried away having the past 2-weeks off!). Next week, I will share several of the celebrities I have had the honor of performing with at various events with nationwide.

No comments: