10.22.2008

What's Up Wednesday --- October 22nd

1) We are back from Florida! Very long travel time (20 hours in the car and 40 hours on the train), but we had a great time, the wedding went well, and the weather was very good. We took many pictures and videos and I compiled it into a music video last night which I will post on Family/Friend Friday this week. But if you can't wait that long for the video, you can see some different pictures on Jen's Blog or her sister Joni's (click on the person you want to visit).
-
2) Several people have asked about Kristie from our class (she was the girl with brain tumors) --- both brain surgeries went very well and she is back in class/church and even singing in the choir. She is used to going to the Dr.'s on a weekly basis, but is now on a 3-month break which is great news! Continue to pray as her type of cancer could return at any time, but mostly praise God for what He has done!
-
3) Several people have also asked about Courtney from the detention home...she was the girl that had been abandoned by her mom. We did get in for a special visit time with her, and they also found a foster family for her about 20 miles away. She recently called us and just loves it there and looks forward to doing something soon with us.
-
4) I am taking my final class (Hebrew) for my Master of Divinity degree. Originally I dropped the class and was going to take it online because I knew I would miss a ton of classes due to our Florida trip, retreats for work, etc. But a friend of mine I work with is the professor and he talked me in to giving it a shot anyway, learning a lot on my own, and coming to class when I can. So, after having only been in 1 class out of the first 6, we had our first major test Monday. Half of it I "aced" and half wasn't quite as pretty, but we'll see. As I have been doing all the homework assignments, etc on my own I have scored very well, but it is also evident I am getting a little extra grace!
-
5) This past weekend we returned to "Honey Haven Farm" for their annual corn maze. They hand you a map of the maze and you have to find 6 hidden stations in a large corn field. We missed having my nephews Brady and Zach with us as they were able to come last year. We always have a great time doing it (Jen has some pictures) and I thought we made good time until our friend who entered the same time as we did beat us out with his 2 daughters (ages 6 and 4) and son (age 2).
-
6) I taught my final lesson in the class we lead in our church. I have been working hard over the last 2 months putting new leaders into place so when we get a new job we don't up and leave them. It is definitely proving to be a wise choice as even after 2 months there are still some pieces of the puzzle missing, but we at least have it to the point where we are just wanted now, and not necessarily needed. I wanted to end my leadership with something interesting, so we did my final lesson on Ghosts (whether or not they exist, and if so, what they are)...I'll do a few posts over the next 2 "Theological Thursdays" to show you my conclusions based on Scripture for the Halloween season.

No comments: