3.30.2009

Media Monday --- M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E


Well, we have returned to Ohio from our Amelia Island/Disney Trip, and I really have no "Media Monday" topic because we did not watch the news, have Internet, or listen to the radio. Our biggest concerns were what time the parades and fireworks started and what to eat for dinner...and it was great! For the first time in years I had no clue who was winning the March Madness and nor did I care.

So I think everyone needs a "Mickey Mouse Week". Doesn't have to be Disney, or even far away, just a week to turn off the TV and computer and have a week of "Hakuna Matata". Maybe your stocks still tank, maybe your favorite team loses, etc...but you can deal with it all later.

I went to a conference several months ago by Dr. Daniel Spaite (M.D.) who wrote the book Time Bomb in the Church...he has done tons of research that supports those involved in ministry are "silently" killing themselves by not utilizing Sabbath rest. He suggests (if you want to really live healthy) that you must have some "Mickey Mouse Time" at least 1 hour a day, 1 day a week, and 1 week every quarter-year to allow God to refresh your mind/body/spirit/soul.

So next week I may have a news story for you...that's 7 days away...so you can start your week right now and not miss a thing! (oh, but be sure to check back tomorrow to see a video of part of our trip hahaha).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I enjoyed your pictures on Facebook...I just hope you got tired of posting b/c that's not many for 2 weeks! :) haha

Looks and sound like it was a wonderful time and I'm glad you guys had fun and were able to take that time. I'm also glad you went when you did.....this week wasn't so pleasant apparently with weather!