3.04.2009

What Is It Wednesday --- Bowling

This week's question you won't be able to find on the Internet! Last Friday, Jen and I decided to go bowling. Neither of us have bowled since we moved to Ashland, so its been quite a few years! We decided to video tape just our very first rolls and also our final scores for this week's question. So this question has the opportunity for 4 points:

1) How many pins did Jen get on her 1st roll?
2) What was Jen's final score?
3) How many pins did Mike get on his first roll?
4) What was Mike's final score?



Here is a video to help you out...

So your answers in the comment section should look something like this:

Jen - 7 pins/102 total

Mike - 6 pins/111 total

You can get a point for each of us for getting the exact answer for how many pins we knocked down on our first ball each, and whoever gets closest to Jen's final score will get a point and whoever gets closest to my final score gets a point.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jen: 8/112
Mike: 10/144
This is an impossible one to get right...but I know I have to be right about your 10, because if it wasn't...you would have not used that frame in the video and waited until you got a strike. I also know Jen couldn't have got a strike in that one, or you wouldn't have used that frame either...see, I know how competitive you are and you would never show a video of Jen being equal or greater than you in any competition...especially when you can control it like in which frame to show!!!!

Anonymous said...

Jen 6/115
Mike 8/135

I had my quess in before I read Dana's remarks. She knows you well so I would say she is probably correct!

Jerry

Magic Mike said...

In response to Dana...I told Jen we would ONLY video tape our very first roll and that I would post them whether they were strikes, gutter balls, or somewhere in between, just so you couldn't figure me out like that!

Anonymous said...

Yes, Mike, that's true, but I have to agree with Dana, you like to change the rules part way through any game that involves competition especially if you aren't winning...it's ok, I still love you!

Magic Mike said...

That's not true! I like to change the rules to keep things close. That's why you get 3 bounces in raquetball, I have to shoot 3-pointers while you shoot foul shots in basketball, you get a wider court than me in tennis, etc, etc, etc. None of those things benefit me (they make it harder for me) but it does make the game closer and more fun.

Anonymous said...

You guys are a hoot!

Jen 5/110
Mike 10/150

Janet

Jill S. said...

Jen 10 / 300
Mike 3 / 99

Unknown said...

Jen: 6/120
Mike: 8/130 (I think Mike had a 7-10 split (that's the #'s right? the back corners...? haha)

I, too, agree with Dana...and mom's right - you guys are a hoot! :)

I like Jill's scores too.....Jen CREAMED Mike! hehe