3.11.2009

What Is It Wednesday --- Final Exam


Well, tonight is my final, final exam and I will graduate again with my second degree with a Master of Divinity. I've taken a total of 46 classes. That's 1,380 hours of sitting in class or 82,800 minutes or 4,968,000 seconds (but who's counting?). I've also written about 1,610 pages of papers or about 402,500 words or about 2,012,500 letters (but again, who's counting?).

So you question this week is simple --- What is my final GPA?

Scale runs from a 0.00 to a 4.00 --- Post your answer to the nearest hundredth (example: 3.23). Just so everyone is in the same ballpark, those who were here for my first graduation knew I graduated with honors which means my GPA was somewhere between a 3.70 and a 3.90. At that time I had finished 80% of my classes, so the final 20% of classes I took after that may have tipped it slightly above or below that range, but it would be a pretty safe bet to guess somewhere in between. Good luck!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

3.89

Anonymous said...

I first attempt at using the "Name" thing at the bottom was not a success since I used says.... he he he

Jill S. said...

I was going to guess exactly what Jerry guessed... so I will go higher: 3.9

Anonymous said...

3.85

Anonymous said...

3.92

Anonymous said...

3.94 - you didn't say I could only guess once

Magic Mike said...

OK...here is some math for you all. I said I graduated in 2006 with somewhere between a 3.70 and a 3.90 and that consisted of 80% of all my classes.

So, lets assume I was right at the top of that scale (3.90)...even if I got all "A's" (4.00) in the remaining 20% of my classes, my highest possible final GPA would be 3.92. --- (3.90 * 0.8) + (4.00 * 0.2).

So Jen, your 3.94 guess is impossible. OK...I have to get studying or there will be no graduation!

Anonymous said...

3.93 and counting?

Anonymous said...

3.87

Anonymous said...

3.82

Unknown said...

I seriously had 3.89 in my head as I clicked on the comments....so...

3.95


and that's my final answer...haha


and dad - you're too funny! :)

Magic Mike said...

OK Jerry...now 2 of your daughters have posted mathmatically impossible answers. Time to send them back to Algebra 1 and statistics class!