12.19.2008

Family/Friend Friday --- Final Day of Work

Well, today is my final day working at Ashland Seminary. I am still an "employee" until December 31st, but all the offices will be shut down over the next 2 weeks for Christmas and New Years. I really enjoyed working at the seminary...especially because of the people I got to work with! Two of my favorite co-workers were Jill and Renae who worked out front in our building. Renae (on the left in the video) is the administrator for the entire building and the whole place would fall apart without her. Jill (on the right in the video) has been my assistant for Pastors of Excellence for the last 3 years, and gets most of my job dumped on her now! Does that mean she can boss herself around???
-
We've had a lot of fun times together...eating steak dinners at Malabar Farm, playing Ping Pong at Mohican Resort, Having Ice Cream Socials in the Hallway, Making Comic Strips Out of People in the Building, Sneaking Free Lunches from Other Departments Using Our Building, etc --- All during work time! (hmm...no wonder they don't need me anymore!).
-
The best memories I recall was Jill's surprise birthday party we had (I think she is the only employee in seminary history to actually be surprised!), and the day Jill went home early, and Renae and I rigged up her desk chair to collapse the next morning when she came into work (which it did). In any case, since our building is separate from the main seminary campus there were many days it was just the 3 of us (and Paul joined us to start a new program about a year ago which you will see him on the Christmas gift in the video as well as Gene --- the head of our building). Yesterday I was blessed (and Jen got to come to) with a "surprise" (about 25 people told me about it) going away party by, of course, Jill and Renae. Here they are opening their Christmas gifts...



3 comments:

Unknown said...

aw - I think they'll miss you. I bet you were a BLAST to work with...and always wondering what was going to happen that day! :)

Have a nice few weeks off....think of me in the mornings while you're still sleeping and I'm at work. boo! :) haha

Anonymous said...

It has been great working with you. You have brought a lot of fun to the office. I loved the surprise 40th party (and I was truly surprised!) That is also one of my favorite memories. I should have said something like that yesterday when John called on me. Instead, I said something profound like, "Mike is nice." :-)
Renae and I will certainly miss you a great deal!
Jill

Anonymous said...

Well, we are forever trapped in film. Thanks also for the JibJab series with all of us in them. They will bring us good laughs way into the future. You never know where those photos might show up so make sure you tow the line. OK, now for the serious part. Mike you have been a wonderful person to work with, and have brought a great sense of calm and humor to our department and the Seminary as a whole. We will definitely miss you. Thanks so much for all the work you have done with PoE,with leading spiritual formation groups, your work at GBC and many other things... May God bless you and Jen as He moves you into a new phase of ministry. He has given you many gifts and I pray that you will allow him to develop those gifts for the benefit of all you work with and come in contact with. Have a great Christmas and keep the "magic" alive!