12.09.2008

Time Warp Tuesday --- The Cats



Growing up my great-grandma always had cats. When it was time for her to move out of her house and into a small apartment, she gave me one of them. My first job was to pick a name for the cat. After thinking long and hard, I decided to call him "Kitty". Kitty was an outdoor cat (except in the winter) and would follow me everywhere I went. In the morning, Kitty would walk down to the bus stop with me and sit there with me until the bus came. He was very friendly and loved to sit on people's laps and was always purring.

It wasn't long before Kitty took an interest in a stray female cat in the neighborhood which we also adopted. My name for that cat..."Kitty Kitty". Kitty Kitty was also very friendly and loved to sit on people's laps and purred a lot as well (but she never followed me around the neighborhood like Kitty). Neither of these cats were ever mean...and they went through a lot with visits from little kids, the mauling by kids at the bus stop, etc.

One day my uncle Mikey came for a visit and we were out on the porch. He asked if Kitty and Kitty Kitty were nice cats, and of course I said yes. He reached down to pet Kitty Kitty and she immediately bit him on the hand. So after having her tailed pulled, being swung around in the air by kids, sat on, etc, etc, etc over the years, I guess Kitty Kitty had enough. Either that or Mikey had just performed the greatest trick I had ever seen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice picture Mike. I like the "typical" lawn ornament. he he he

Jerry