12.10.2008

What's Up Wednesday --- December 10th

A lot going on this week...
-
1) My dad got some great news...no surgery! He went from being in the emergency room in DuBois (thinking his replacement and knee bone was a complete mess) to being sent to State College by ambulance for the possibility of emergency surgery to being told the replacement was fine but the bone needed surgery Tuesday morning. Then, with further X-rays and tests they found that the bone was fusing and healing cleanly by itself. What an awesome God we serve!
-
2) Our job interview went great, and we loved the place! They kept telling us we would find out on Tuesday if we got the job, but at the end of the second day, they let us know they were interested in us pending background investigations. So as long as there isn't anything I don't know about Jen's past, we should be in good shape...but as always you don't want to bank on anything until the papers are signed.
-
3) As part of this background check, we have a private investigator coming to our house tomorrow. We were thinking this would take place sometime in January, but he called on the phone and said, "I'm coming to your place..." --- not really a question whether he could or when we preferred him to, but more of a "you better be home" kind of thing.
-
4) Tonight I have my Hebrew 1 final exam. That will give me 144 credits. 148 and I graduate with my Master of Divinity! I only have to take Hebrew 2 winter quarter and should graduate on March 15th.
-
5) The magic show on Monday night went great! It was for one of Jen's bosses at the health department (who is part of a private physicians practice). He isn't too happy that we may be leaving Ashland soon...and Jen's other boss is actually making some calls trying to find me a job and trying to keep us here.
-
6) We will be going to DuBois this weekend...my cousin Troy is getting married on Saturday.
-
7) I was also able to schedule a show on Sunday while we are in DuBois for a Christmas party.
-
8) In the midst of all this, I have a retreat going on this week for the Fellowship of Christian Athletes. It is held at a resort about 30 miles away and I have been traveling back and forth each day (I get a call at 9:00 am each morning to get a list of things I need to bring down).
-
9) There is a "Woot Off" going on today...so Joni you better get your "Bag of Crap"! As you saw from Monday's video we got over $100 worth of stuff for only $3.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mike, over Christmas you will have to show me how to get a bag of crap. I went to the website but I am an old man and don't get it.

Jerry

Magic Mike said...

Only if you promise that if you get the big screen TV that you either give it to us or if it better than your current one, then we get your old one.

Unknown said...

I was up until 2am last night...only to have nothing...and then get up today and the woot off is STILL going on. hmmm....hopefully!!! I'm TRYING!

At least Ron's off today...that'll help! :)



Great news about your dad!!! And the job!!!!

Anonymous said...

Deal. Although, when I finish the basement I may need one down there also!

Jerry