2.02.2009

Media Monday --- Superbowl


Well, as I am sure you are well aware as it is plastered all over the TV and Internet...the Steelers are the Superbowl Champs! These are the days I miss living in Pittsburgh and all the buzz and excitement going on right now. I miss seeing the players around town (I used to live in the same complex as many of them as well as getting to play in a charity basketball game with them) and I miss being able to walk down the street a few blocks to catch the Jerome Bettis Show (he used to broadcast at Dick's Sporting Goods...only a few blocks from my first apartment.

But it was a great game. We got to watch it with Jen's family in PA and we had a lot of fun...especially when James Harrison got an interception and ran it back 100 yards for a TD just before the half. I wasn't sure who needed oxygen more...Harrison or Jen's dad Jerry. Here is a video you won't see on the news --- fans (us) celebrating the final play of the game...



8 comments:

FinancialTeacher said...

Are you having trouble thinking of what to post? Let me give you an idea of a topic.

The Pittsburgh Steelers just won the Super Bowl!!!! What more is there to life than this?

Anonymous said...

Oh...don't worry...it's coming. I have plenty of ideas, but for today it includes a video off my camera I can't post until we get back to Ohio. We are leaving now, so it will be up in a few hours.

Unknown said...

I'm not sure I want to see the video...

Only you and Jen can take pictures and videos during a game like that! haha

Still wish, however, I had you 2 on video/in picture when you were the only ones standing in the room and excited... for what again??? haha

Can't wait to see it!

Unknown said...

YOU'RE VIDEO DOESN'T WORK!!!!

Unknown said...

ok...now it does.....that was weird.

that's great! too bad there weren't more lights on to see the CRAZY fans! haha could only hear a FEW of us...hmm...wonder who that was!?!?! haha

Anonymous said...

Harrison needed the oxygen, I just needed to breathe! he he he he
I think I know who was calling on the defense to stop them at the end. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
It is probably good it was too dark to see us at that point!

Jerry

Anonymous said...

I think the kids would've been scared if they were there :) Sounds like you all had a good time - did I even hear Grandma in there?? I couldn't tell for sure... definitely Dad and Joni and Ron. oh my. what fun. Glad you could be there for the big game :) Glad it wasn't any worse or Dad would've been in the ER for sure (he he)

Unknown said...

oh my! yes you did hear grandma! she was more excited and yelling more then jen and mike combined! haha - she was cute!

i think the kids would've been laughing at us...after they got past the shock of us yelling! :) they would've laughed at poppa on the floor!!!!! :)