5.30.2008

Family/Friend Friday --- The Tree




OK, on Wednesday I told you my niece Haley was turning 16 this week (her birthday was yesterday) and that I would tell you a little story about her today. Back when she was around 6-years-old, she came to my parent's house for a visit. In front of my parents house was a very large tree. It was a nice day, so we were all outside. My dad and I were standing down by the tree along with Haley.

Haley had a large stick in her hand and was banging it against the tree. I asked her what she was doing, and she replied, "I'm going to keep hitting this tree until I chop it down". My dad replied to her saying, "You know, your dad (my brother) used to come out here when he was little and hit this tree with a stick and was going to chop it down too".

Haley stopped what she was doing and looked a little puzzled for a second. Then she looked up at my dad and asked, "Well, did he?"

(obviously not!!!)

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!

No comments: