5.11.2008

A JOKE GONE AWRY...


A while back, Jen kept asking me to fix the "catch" on one of our kitchen cabinets that wouldn't stay closed, and I kept forgetting to do it. I would always be reminded (that's the kind way to put it) that it needed done just before it was time to leave the house so I would never have time to do it the moment I was "reminded". On one particular occasion I didn't have time to fix it, but decided to provide a more meaningful reminder to myself...I wedged the screwdriver (that would be needed to repair the cabinet) in the crease of my desk chair, knowing the moment I sat down, I would certainly remember to finally do it (if I wasn't it too much pain from sitting on the screwdriver that is!). Here is what it looked like...

So as we were about to leave, Jen saw what I had done and started to laugh, thinking it was really funny. I removed the screwdriver and put it back as there is no way I would ever endure the pain that this could potentially bring!

Well, later that week, Jen thought it would be funny to put the screwdriver back into place in the crease of the chair and thought I would see it and laugh. Later that day I was reading on the couch and heard a SCREAM in the computer room. Turns out she forgot she had put the screwdriver back and really did sit on it. All was well with the exception of an "end-of-the-screwdriver" sized hole in the seat of her pants!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

HAHAHAHA!!! that's great! sounds like my sister!!!

Anonymous said...

OUCH!