6.13.2008

Family/Friend Friday --- The Birthday Boy

Today is my nephew Brady's 7th birthday! I was named his godfather soon after he was born, and there was a ceremony sometime that summer at a church in town. It was a hot summer day, and the church was not air conditioned, so there were a bunch of fans blowing. As we were standing in front of the entire church, one of Brady's cousins (on my brother-in-law Jim's side) walked up in front of everyone and yelled into one of the fans, "Luke, I am your father" (trying to allow the fan to give him a good Darth Vader impression).
-
Brady has always been very smart, and learned to talk at a very young age. Right after his first birthday, he came to stay with me in Pittsburgh while Jim went to school and my sister to a conference. They left me a "Baby Einstein" video, and at just over a year old, he was telling me far in advance what object would pop on the screen next. He also has a fascination with body parts that seems to have no use, so he can tell you all about your philtrum!
-
Currently he is very interested in karate. We will be taking him out this weekend to pick out his birthday gift (this year it will probably be a Nintendo DS game). He has also played soccer and baseball which we got to see him play in the past. Below is a highlight from a smashing hit (well, maybe a blooper) from one of his games. The highlight of the game was about 1/2 way through one of the innings, the center fielder on his team called time-out because he just realized he had been standing out there for the past 10 minutes without his glove. Happy Birthday Brady!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the chanting for Brady!!! Howe cute