7.02.2008

What's Up Wednesday --- July 2nd


1) Tomorrow we leave for family vaction to Gettysburg (it is their big reinactment year). We will be gone until July 12th. I will have a Blog posted tomorrow and Friday, but none next week.

2) Our visit with the pastor and his wife went great last week! However, the other candidate has been a full-time small groups pastor in a very large church (they have more than 1 full-time small group pastors) for 8 years...and based on experience they are pursuing him first. It is discouraging all the time and effort over the past 6 months to come up empty, but encouraging that they received "a huge pile" (as we were told) of interested candidates, and I made it into the final two.

3) Tomorrow is my mom's birthday. I'll be sure to add a story about her on Family/Friend Friday this week.

4) My Wednesday night elective is over, so I can relax on Wednesday nights now...except for tonight as I have an elder's meeting.

5) My Gospel magic show on Sunday went very well. They had several "guests" in children's church that attended Vacation Bible School the week before. Several of the kids responded to the Gospel message during Bible school, and a few more on Sunday morning at my show.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can understand the challenge of not being chosen for the job - but I'm sure you're remembering God's sovereignty is over it all and that every detail of our life is used for his perfect purposes and in his plan for helping us grow in the sanctification process. - Pursue and See how God may have been and is working in your hearts through this experience. ~ Looking forward to seeing you guys Friday!

I Thess 5:17-18 "Pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."