8.15.2008

Family/Friend FRICKET Friday


When Jen's parents were here this past weekend, her dad and I went everywhere looking for garden stakes so I could make a game of FRICKET. We are traveling to my parent's this weekend to meet up with my brother and his family, and I know they'll love this game! We went to Joanns, Target, and Walmart with no luck. On their final day here, we walked down to Home Hardware and finally found some. After all that, we had to set it up and play so they could see what all the trouble was for!

The game of FRICKET has very few rules. The name is a cross between Frisbee and Wicket (the main parts of the game). Basically there are 2 garden stakes (called wickets) that are separated by a frisbee length + the size of your fist. Twelve yards away are 2 more stakes separated by the same distance. On top of each stake is a plastic cup. You and your teammate stand together on one end. You throw the frisbee at the opponents stakes. If you can get the frisbee through without hitting a stake, you get 3 points. If you hit one, the plastic cup will fly off. If it hits the ground you get 1 point....or if your opponents can catch it 1-handed without trapping it against their body, they get the point. Play to 21.

The video is a little distorted from the upload to YouTube. Make sure when you visit us, you ask to see the original! Jen said she hates this game, but watch her in the video and tell me she isn't having fun!!!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice Mike!!! Where was the ones that I got 3 points on though. Lots of misses for me!

Jerry

Anonymous said...

I had a 3 pointer also! Thanks for the video! It was great.

Janet

Magic Mike said...

Your 3-pointers didn't come out very well. The camera shot where he was standing directly behind is the only one that was clear (and it just happened to be me!). The others is like watching a field goal from the side of the endzone...no clue if it really went through or not.

Anonymous said...

Dad - I LOVED the action! didn't know you had it in ya! ~ Mom, I was here saying "WOOHOO MOM and clapping - the kids wondering what I'm doing talking to the computer! ~ Jen - yikes! your body! I felt your pain! ~ and Mike - we'd rather play the game with mom and dad I think - I don't think we would have a chance playing against you! (who did the video?)
-- Mom and Dad - are you up for a tournament next week??? you, me, gma at naptime thursday! HA

Unknown said...

That was great! I think Jen secretly likes it. Maybe she doesn't like it with Dad b/c he hits PEOPLE more then the sticks!! haha

I'm glad you guys didn't hurt yourself! The song made it all the more funny to watch too!!! I was sitting here laughing! The video was good too!!! haha

And Jul - if you guys play...I want to see GRANDMA in action!!! wish we could come too!

love you all!!!