8.05.2008

Time Warp Tuesday --- The Master Fisherman


Last Tuesday was about my not-so-great thing I said on a hunting adventure (although I did get the deer!) and this Tuesday is about a very successful fishing trip and another not-so-great thing that I said. When I was around 12, we went to a camp of one of my dad's friends for the first day of fishing. We got up early in the morning and headed to an area just below a dam. When fishing season officially began (8:00 am I think) we started to fish.

I was using a new hand-made lure, and on my first cast --- I caught a fish. My second cast --- I caught a fish. My third cast, same thing. I caught a fish on all 5 casts to start the day. So within 10-15 minutes I had 5 fish. The rest of the day didn't slow down much. If I remember correctly, I caught 31 fish that day and my dad and his friend were very successful as well and we caught over 70 fish between us.

In the middle of the day, I caught a huge trout (I think it was 26 inches). So from then on, the average sized fish that I kept catching wasn't as exciting anymore. So I am thinking this new lure I'm using is so small that any fish would strike it...but if I could get something bigger to use, maybe only the bigger fish would go for it.

In the midst of this remarkable day of fishing, there was a man standing directly between me and my dad that was fishing as well. As my dad and I continued to pull in fish after fish, this poor guy didn't catch a thing. As I pulled in fish #28, he was still on zero. It was around this time that I opened my big mouth and added insult to injury. I yelled over to my dad, "Hey, I am tired of catching all these fish, do we have a big lure that will only catch big fish?"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

haha! I'm glad you caught fish though...to make YOUR day fun!!! :)