8.20.2008

What's Up Wednesday --- August 20th


1) This is a week for birthdays! This week we celebrate mine (Aug 21), my niece Haley (Aug 22), and my dad (Aug 24). I have a video of all 3 of us I will post on Family/Friend Friday along with many other family members on my mom's side.

2) Saturday is our Fantasy Football draft. Our league consists of several family members on my side, Jen's side, as well as a couple of friends from Pittsburgh and a friend from Ashland. We have a fun time trash talking each other --- but its easy for me since I clearly have the best team every year.

3) Sunday I will be doing magic for the "Kroc Center". It is a Christian community center being built from an 18 million dollar donation from Joan Kroc --- the wife of the founder of McDonnalds. We are the only "small city" getting one (the others are Philly, San Diego, St. Louis, etc - 18 in all)...mainly because one of the people on the Kroc Center Foundation board that decides who gets the money moved to Ashland. It will contain a chapel, indoor waterpark, roller skating, laser tag, indoor soccer field, a theatre, etc. The place will officially open in April of 2009 (Sunday is a celebration of the completion of a certain phase of building)...and this is also a place that holds a possibility of a future job for me.

4) Over labor day weekend, we have a community event called, "Ashland's Got Talent"...very similar to the show America's Got Talent. I will be trying out on Sunday as well to take part in the event with one of my magic routines I created.

5) Finally...next week we begin a retreat for the Fellowship of Christian Athletes. They checked out over 25 different programs from 9 different seminaries and choose my program to send all their campus ministers through. So although we have ultimately 3,000 people to touch, next week we will kick off with 30.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a good thing that I read your Wednesday posts. Sometimes I find out about something that I didn't know we were doing...like...I didn't know you were trying out for the Ashland's Got Talent???

Unknown said...

haha - sounds like Ron and I...sometimes there's a lack of communication.

Good luck with all of it...including a possible future job at the church...

happy birthday tomorrow!!!

love you!

Anonymous said...

Haley said..


dude, my birthday is in May, not August 22..
and your niece Brooke's is the 20th.

way to go!