9.15.2008

Magical Monday --- Kids Say the Darndest Things


Back when I lived in Pittsburgh I did a magic show for a 2nd grade class at an area elementary school. The class had been reading and doing lessons and worksheets on magic because it was an interesting topic for the class. To end the series of lessons with a bang, they hired me to come in and do a show and answer all of the kids questions about magic and being a magician.

So I did my show and asked if anyone had any questions about magic, and of course pretty much every hand went up. I got many of the usual questions such as: How did you do that one trick? How much money do you get paid? Where did you learn to do magic? How much do you have to practice? Do you have a rabbit? Etc, etc, etc.

But one little boy's question caught me a little off guard. He raised his hand and asked, "What do you think about Bush's plan to eliminate Social Security?"
--------------
I know the picture with this post today doesn't exactly fit, but hey, it's funny!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

must have been a genius...what 2nd grader even CARES about the president? :)


that's great!

Anonymous said...

I'm just wondering how you responded?