9.29.2008

Magical Monday --- Tighty Whities

Above is a video of one of my newer tricks which creates the illusion that I am stealing someone's underwear (sorry for the bad quality...the lighting at this show was really bad and I had to brighten the video 5X just to see it). I went through many creative ideas of how to best utilize this trick...and currently it is used as the finale to end my show. I tie it in with another one of my tricks (rope thru the body). After cutting myself in half with a rope, I call on a volunteer to be cut in half in the same way using a scarf. But the kicker is, instead of being cut in half, their underwear (which happens to be tighty whities) comes off.

So I was ending my show recently at the county fair with this trick. Normally I use someone that is at least a teenager (as you can imagine how embarrassing this could be for a child), but there was a little boy about 8-years-old that was sitting up front the entire show that I knew would be perfect for the trick. So after he watched me cut myself in half with the rope, he did volunteer to come up and let me attempt the same to him with the rope. When the underwear came flying out there was the funniest look of shock on this kids face which made the audience erupt in laughter. As I turned to put the trick away, I heard everyone burst out in even more laughter...but didn't see what happened. What could it have been?

Turns out the little kid pulled out his waistband and took a peek to see whether or not it was really his underwear!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was funny, and the crowd kept talking about it for a long time after the show. Those around us thought it was great and one man wished he had a picture of the boy's expression.

Jerry

Unknown said...

too funny!