9.03.2008

What's Up Wednesday --- September 3rd

1) The Fellowship of Christian Athletes retreat that I assisted with wrapped up last Thursday. Things went very well and the feedback forms came back with very high ratings. This group will go through 5 more retreats over the next 18 months with us.
-
2) Just as that retreat wrapped up, the pastors come for retreat #3 next week (Monday - Wednesday). It has been very difficult to plan two retreats at once and has been a little overwhelming at work for the past few weeks, but it will be nice when next week ends and we do not have another retreat until December!
-
3) Jen and I will be going to Cleveland for her appointment with the cancer doctor. Please pray that everything remains clear on all of her tests and that her doctor says the same thing as always, "You are doing super".
-
4) Jen's sister Julie and her husband Keith + kids did make it for a visit on Sunday. We got to go to the big (sarcasm) Ashland parade as well as a tour of Ashland (5 minutes) and a tour of the seminary, time on the playground, some FRICKET, a picnic, etc, etc. We definitely had a great time with them (although we were exhausted by the end of the day). Since I will be so busy next week at work, I will probably post a video early next week (I'll make it this weekend and it will save me from having to write out a post).
-
5) I did perform in the Ashland Community Event downtown on Monday as well. I was there to promote the county fair which I will be performing my entire show on the 18th. I decided to do my rubber chicken routine (see Monday's post) which I do not usually do unless it is for a group that knows each other well (this audience was mostly all strangers since it was open to the public). My hunch has always been that the trick would go over much better with a close group using one of their leaders as a volunteer (as they end up holding toilet paper with a plunger on their head). As suspected, the routine went over "average" with a group of strangers, but it was a great event to give it a try! (plus I didn't have to give away any of the tricks I will be doing at the fair).

No comments: