9.24.2008

What's Up Wednesday --- September 24th

1) This week (Monday) was Jen's sister Joni's birthday. I'll be sure to add a story on Family/Friend Friday this week.
-
2) The "Intro to Theological Education" class I am an instructor for at the seminary is wrapping up this week. Tonight is our final regular class and then I meet individually with each student over the next week.
-
3) The show at the county fair went great...there was a decent sized crowd and the kids were really into it.
-
4) The outreach show I did on Sunday also went very well. The head pastor (who also works at the seminary) called yesterday to let me know the kids and adults are still talking about it and want me to come back ASAP. The check they gave me was $250 more than I asked for, so that is a good thing too!
-
5) Friday night is our staff party for Grace Brethren Church. I attend all the staff meetings on Tuesdays and am considered a pastor there so Jen and I will be going. We look forward to playing some FRICKET!
-
6) Saturday night we are attempting to go to the fall "barn dance" at Malabar Farm. It is a square dance (Jen's idea) and we have to coax 3 other couples from our building to go.
-
7) I kicked some butt in fantasy football this week! (I thought I would add this and rub it in a little since it was my brother I beat, and I know he checks this blog every once in a while).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Joni, get ready...(I have no idea what he has in mind)...

Unknown said...

well - he already said the story about the little girl in my head....so....can't be worse, right? :) just remember, I love you Mike! :)


have fun at your barn bash...should be fun!!! :)

Anonymous said...

oh I wish I lived closer so we could go to the barn dance! That's always fun! Hope you find others to join you!