9.16.2008

Time-Warp Tuesday --- The New Cell Phone


Recently Jen and I got new cell phones. We had our old ones more than 4-years and even when we got them they were "bottom-of-the-line". So we are loving our new phones even though we probably don't know 80% of what they can do. I am just happy I can finally play the Monday Night Football theme song for my ringer.

Getting new phones reminded me of something that happened the day after I got a new cell phone back in Pittsburgh. The Bible study I was part of (FOCUS) was having a get together at someone's house on the North Side of downtown. There wasn't much parking there, so we were told to carpool. So I rode down with a girl named Jody in our group.

Once we arrived I stepped out of the car and checked to make sure I had everything (wallet, keys, etc) and realized my brand new cell phone was gone! So I started frantically searching the floor, the street, under the seat, etc in attempt to find it but was unsuccessful. I was sure the phone made it into the car with me, so where could it have gone to?

By this point I was very flustered and asked Jody for her cell phone. I called my roommate Steve and said, "Can you call my cell phone...I lost it and want to try and hear it ring". Jody started laughing hysterically and I had no idea why. Steve called my phone and it did ring and I found it in the little storage space built into the door.

Jody continued to laugh uncontrollably and really didn't see what was so funny about the whole situation. When I inquired she asked, "Why did you use my cell phone to call Steve to tell him to call you...why didn't you just call yourself???"

Yeah, I kind of missed the boat on that one. If you are ever in an emergency...don't call me!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hehe - I was thinking the same thing when I was reading...but I guess if you were thinking you left it at home...and Steve wouldn't necessarily answer it...thinking you left it there on purpose. Oh well! :)