11.14.2008

Family/Friend Friday --- Janet's Birthday

Today is the birthday of Jen's mom (Janet). I couldn't ask for a better Mother-in-law! She is always very kind and giving, especially when she lets me and Jerry (Jen's dad) go golfing every time we are together and the weather is nice!
-
Among the many special talents Janet has are cooking, drawing, painting, sewing, etc, etc, etc. One of the most popular items we own is a quilt she made us for our wedding that has our baby pictures, college logos, etc. Over the past week or so, I have been mentioning something in my office that gets the most attention by visitors. It is a replica of the building I work in which Janet made for me for Christmas a few years ago. It it perfectly done! People always ask where it came from and can't believe what a great job she did! The director for my building asked if there was any way he could order 100 of them to give to donors, special guests, etc (and I am sure he wanted to keep one for himself too!). Now that she is retired, she may want to consider?!? Below are some pictures of the building I work in as well as the replica Janet made. Can you tell which of the 3 are real and which are Janet's...

So Happy Birthday Janet! Jen and I put our dance lessons we took a few years ago to good use and did the "Birthday Dance" from the era you are used to. Take a look below...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's really hard to tell but is it the middle one? If so, I'm impressed especially with the lettering on the sign. We love mom!

Anonymous said...

She did an amazing job on the SLC building. I would love to have one if she ever starts mass-producing them. :-)
Jill

Unknown said...

Aw, Mike you did a great job honoring your mother-in-law on her birthday!!! I love the video. I'd say the middle one...only b/c i enlarged...otherwise I can't tell!! Mom has such wonderful talent!!!!

We love her so much!!! And the quilt will be cherished forever!! :)

Magic Mike said...

You all did well guessing the middle one...I did that to throw you all off. So even though you are correct on that one, one of the other 2 I took a little "off focus" picture and it is also a picture of the one Janet made (so 2 of the 3 are the "painted wood" and 1 is the real building).

Anonymous said...

Oh, Mike you are something!
I guess I'll have to print up one of those awards for "Son-in-law of the Year"!
I wasn't sure which picture was mine either! You did a great job of getting that tree behind the building!
I'm glad you didn't show a video of my golfing in Gettysburg or the Fricket game!! Do I feel another plot to go to a "golfing expo" or a golf outing coming.....??
I so enjoy our family get togethers. Each year gets better, too.
That was a very nice birthday tribute. Thanks Mike and Jen and EVERYONE for the good wishes. I love you all.