11.05.2008

What's Up Wednesday --- November 5th


1) I have my second big test tonight in Hebrew. Now that I have been to about 1/2 of the classes, I am semi caught up, but still a little lost! Look at the chart above and see how hard it is to tell the difference between the dalet vs. res and the he vs. het (especially when they are hand-written!).
-
2) These next 2 weekends are free (other than the usual Sunday School, Church, Detention Home)...and we are definitely looking forward to it as beginning in 2-weeks until the New Year we will be overwhelmingly busy and traveling. So this is our calm before the storm! I am using most of this time to prepare for a retreat I will be leading back in PA in a few weeks (I have to prepare for 4 sessions...about 2 hours each).
-
3) Elders meeting is tonight (I'll be heading over as soon as I get done with my test). We usually go until around 10:30 or 11:00, but I am hoping to get out early as I am tired from watching the elections last night!
-
4) The wedding reception for Jen's brother went really well back in PA over the weekend. I got to be the "MC" for the event (only for about a 5 minute speech), but I told his wife Kerby that as the newest member of the family, she can do these little jobs from now on!

No comments: