11.19.2008

What's Up Wednesday --- November 19th



This week is our FOCUS retreat. FOCUS is the Bible study we used to attend in Pittsburgh (where Jen and I met). The group no longer meets on a weekly basis, but we still have our yearly retreat/reunion at Christ's Castle (pictured above) in Franklin, PA. This will be my 4th year in a row leading the retreat, so they either really like my teaching or really like that I am cheap! In any case, this year I am teaching on the Foundations of an Abundant Christian Life based on John 10:10. In a study of how Christians change, the formula that has been shown to be most effective is:

Retreat + Revelation + Relationships = Transformation

So we set up the weekend to allow for a lot of time for recreation (all of Saturday afternoon) and relaxation (Retreat) and each 2-hour session will involve 45 minutes of me teaching followed by 30 minutes of guided individual time for a spiritual exercise (Revelation) and ending with 45 minutes of small-group process time (Relationships). I understand that my only job is to position people to be changed by God (as He ultimately does the transformation, not me)...so above praying for me, pray that God would work in the lives of everyone there. You can pray for Jen as well since she is one of several small-group leaders this weekend.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry we will miss it! I know you guys will have fun! Enjoy it! Maybe it'll snow a lot so you can sled ride down the front yard! :)

love you guys! you'll both do a great job!

Anonymous said...

Have fun!

FinancialTeacher said...

I thought Focus was still meeting at Bethany Baptist each week.

An Abundant life? You must be one of those prosperity gospel preachers.

I sure hope the ham balls are back this year.

What time are we meeting at Kings?